Beautiful Lake Tahoe

Beautiful Lake Tahoe

Saturday, April 30, 2011

We Are Warriors

Today Scott, myself, Traci and Tim took part in the 2011 Warrior Dash out in Florence. I will say we had a blast. The people watching was crazy enterntaining. Lots of uniquely dressed people, and men in speedos, or thongs covered in spikes...really did they think they looked good walking out of the house this morning? It was a 3.4 mile run (walk:-)) with 12 different obstacles, such as climbing over cars, cargo nets, climbing down a rope wall, up and over a rope wall, and climbing over hay bails. Oh need I forget the jumping over fire and army crawling through a mud pit! I am very proud of us, we made it through everything and had a great time doing it. Here are some photos of our day.




Ah look how nice and clean we are. If you look closely you can see Sione from Biggest Loser in the background.
Here is the cargo net wall we had to climb and go over and then back down.



Here is are the hay bails that we had to climb up and go over. The going up wasn't too bad but coming down was all tore up so it was a little harder.


I must say the following pictures are of just Traci and I because Scott and Tim finished the race just a little bit before us and were able to come take some great photos of us playing in the mud.



Here we are going into the mud pit. I was trying to go in gracefully but then it got really deep as you can see Traci has already sunk in.


Here wer are army crawling our way through...we can do it!


This picture is classic because I am telling Traci she can get up and she says she can't because our shirts had stretched out so far that hers was no longer covering her chest. So funny. Gotta love to "Ohhh" expression on my face.


We made it out, covered in mud! Next we went to get hosed of by fire hoses that practically knocked us over because of how powerful they were. It only helped the surface mud, not all the mud tucked away:)


Traci and Tim after the race. We really did have a great time.

Scott and myself after the race. Scott looked too clean so Traci and I helped him out and added a little more mud on him...hehe.

He didn't need any help with is shoes, you can see how muddy they are. Traci and I donated our muddy shoes to a charity collecting them on the way out. Great idea in theory until I had to walk through a rocky parking lot barefoot. I cannot wait for Warrior Dash 2012!! Follow this website if you want to see more Warrior Dashhttp://www.warriordash.com/register2011_arizona.php

No comments:

Post a Comment