Beautiful Lake Tahoe

Beautiful Lake Tahoe

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Nathan Turns 7

May 21st, not only were we anticipating the "rapture", we were anticipating a very special birthday for Nathan. We are happy to say we survived both. Nathan has turned 7 years old. This seems crazy to me as time has gone so quickly.

Since his birthday fell on a Saturday I took ice cream sandwiches into his class on Friday to celebrate. Nathan was so excited to have me come and to show off his newly acquired basketball skills. I am not sure if dribbling two balls at one time will get him anywhere but I am just happy he is liking the sport again. Maybe, just maybe, I can get him to play for the city again - one day.


Nathan showing off his skills.

Eating ice cream sandwiches with his friends.
Hot a sweating after playing outside at school.


For his birthday we had a Pirate themed cake and goody bags. This was per his request. We all made the cake together, which I later decorated. Certainly not as well as my mom does, but hey I tried:). We spent his birthday morning together with a pancake breakfast, his favorite. We did presents and then were on our way to a McDonald's lunch. This was also his request. After a completely nutritious lunch (not!) we headed to the aquatic center to meet Auntie Traci, Uncle Tim, Ben, Jake, and Cameron for some swimming. After a great time at the park we headed back to Maricopa, not realizing that the freeway to get to our home was completely closed down, no one in, no one out. After waiting in traffic forever we ended up taking a back dirt road home. So our 1/2 hour drive turned in to almost 2 hours.


Once we arrived home we had pizza dinner and Granny and Grandpa over to celebrate. Here are some pictures of Nathan's Birthday celebration.


The kiddos helping me make the cake. Chocolate with chocolate frosting.

The people at Happy Napper do a great job with their marketing as Nathan has been asking for one since they came out. However they do not do a great job at getting your order right. I ordered the Penguin one and got the Dragon one. Thankfully Nathan likes this one a lot too.

You have to have skull pancakes for a pirate themed birthday.

More presents...

Here is the best of them all, a Mongoose bike with handle bar brakes.

Everyone getting ready for some swimming at the aquatic center.

Ready to go swim!

I really enjoyed spending time with Ben. He sat and snuggled with me; that is as long as I supplied the granola bars and a warm towel.

Time for more presents. He got spoiled from everyone.

Here is my best attempt at a pirate cake, with some treasure off to the side.

Blowing out his candle. Thank you everyone who made his day so special!!

Ash was so over having company. As soon as they left he sat down on one of the boxes and stuck his tongue out at us. He had us rolling in laughter.


No comments:

Post a Comment